Arthritis is inflammation of the joints. A joint is a point at which two bones meet. More than 100 different types of arthritis have been diagnosed, such as ankylosing spondylitis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout or scleroderma. Arthritis can damage muscles, bones, tendons, or ligaments. In addition to practicing some physical activity appropriate to the conditions of each person and to carry a varied and balanced diet, foods rich in omega 3 are especially beneficial for arthritis cases.
Causes of the onset of arthritis
- Fracture of the bones
- Autoimmune diseases
- Viral or bacterial infection
- Staying in the same position for a long time
Home Remedies for Arthritis
- Turmeric is a spice traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine for its many medicinal properties. In the case of arthritis is effective because it relieves inflammation since it is a powerful natural anti-inflammatory. In addition, you have to add its analgesic action, which reduces or eliminates the pain caused by arthritis.
- Harpagofito is a medicinal plant very appreciated for its great power to reduce inflammation and pain. A natural option for arthritis that we can use internally in infusion or externally and locally in compresses or by making this homemade cream.
- White Willow Bark: A great natural remedy for arthritis. It has anti-arthritic action relieving symptoms of arthritis such as pain and inflammation.
- Pineapple: due to its content in the enzyme bromelain, pineapple is a fruit that helps us reduce both inflammation and pain. This medicine food in addition to improving the symptoms mentioned is excellent for general health.
- Arnica: This medicinal plant is able to reduce or eliminate the symptoms of arthritis. It is due to its analgesic properties, anti-inflammatory and stimulant of the blood circulation. Prepare it in infusion or you can also apply it externally and locally on the affected area in the form of compresses.
- Celery: this vegetable, in addition to giving us many nutritional benefits, is a food-medicine that improves our health and with regard to arthritis, it reduces the inflammation that it causes. It can be taken by adding it to the juices or green smoothies, to the natural one with dips, in stews, etc.
- Ginger: this rhizome has a long tradition forming part of the traditional medicine of Asian countries. And it is not for less; it is able to improve digestion, combats dizziness, eliminates bad breath, stimulates the functioning of the pancreas and is also very useful in inflammatory conditions due to its anti-inflammatory and analgesic power. Simply grate a bit of ginger on your food once served or include it in your green smoothies and enjoy. You can also grow ginger in pots.
- Nettle: a medicinal plant that has been used since ancient times for kidney infection, skin conditions, stimulate the secretion of breast milk or to expel mucus from the respiratory tract. And among its medicinal uses are its application for inflammatory diseases such as arthritis, rheumatism, and gout. It is made by brewing it.
- Flax or Flax Seeds: These seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, so they are a natural remedy to combat the symptoms of arthritis. You will also notice an improvement in the health of your hair, your skin, vitality or even stomach ulcers if you suffer. The flax seeds can be taken by grinding and sprinkling them on the food already served or also left to soak for 6 hours and drink together with the mucilage that is created.
- Papaya: another fruit very beneficial for osteoarthritis. In addition to taking care of our skin and protecting our cardiovascular and digestive system, papaya is very helpful in reducing the inflammation characteristic of arthritis because of its bromelain content. You just have to take it fresh from the usual way in your diet.