Some people think that a healthy life is synonymous with sacrifices and restrictions; however, this is a fallacy because it only takes a positive attitude and a lot of desire to feel and look healthy.
Among the benefits of leading a healthy life is the prevention of diseases such as being overweight or obese, as well as enjoying an excellent state of mind and attitude.
- Eat healthily: Eat various fruits, vegetables, and whole grains daily. Limit consumption of beverages with many calories, sugar, salt, fat or alcohol. Remember to reduce the amounts of carbohydrates, to avoid the accumulation of fat in the abdomen.
- Activate: Do a physical activity for at least two and a half hours a week. It includes activities that increase heart and respiratory rates and strengthen muscles and bones. Encourage children and adolescents to exercise at least one hour a day.
- Protect yourself: Use helmets, safety belts, sunscreen and insect repellent. Wash your hands to stop the spread of germs. Avoid cigarette smoking and other people’s tobacco smoke. Maintain healthy and safe relationships with family and friends. Get ready to face emergencies. Keep a supply kit ready.
- Relax: Try to have a balance between work, home, and recreational activities. Seek the support of family and friends. Maintain a positive attitude. Take time to relax. Get help or psychological attention if necessary. It uses alternative therapies that favor relaxation.
- Visit the doctor: Ask your specialist how you can reduce the risk of health problems taking into account your lifestyle and personal and family history. Take the tests, and vaccines you need. Get checked as often as your doctor tells you. Make an appointment as soon as you feel sick or in pain, notice changes or experience problems with any medication.