A healthy diet should have the necessary nutrients. With the current pace, people are in search of a higher quality of life, so they try to choose the exercise and healthy eating
options that best fit their needs.
Nutrition specialists at Cedars Sinai Hospital, Los Angeles, believe healthy eating is vital to maintaining good health, a stable weight and, therefore, an excellent figure. For you to learn to improve your diet, you get these 10 tips:
- Breakfast: Never forget to eat food in the morning, because they will give you the energy necessary to carry out your activities. You can prepare a yogurt with pieces of fresh fruit and granola.
- Substitute the fried for the roast: Avoid the fried foods or that are cooked with much oil, in its place it takes in dishes made on a grill, in the oven or boiled.
- Remember the QQF rule (Quality, quantity, and frequency): There are no bad foods; you just know how to combine them when you eat them, and so you do not eat a calorie pump.
- Colorful plate Includes the most rainbow colors in your healthy diet because the pigments are rich in Python nutrients and make an attractive meal for the eyes.
- Eat fish: Includes salmon, sardine and fresh tuna in your food. These types of seafood are high in essential nutrients like Omega 3, which helps prevent heart disease.
- Do not forget the dinner: At night eat light foods that do not disturb your sleep, like a small ration of nuts.
- Reduce the intake of meat: Try not to consume it two or three times a week; you can substitute it with legumes and grains. Also, it decreases your consumption of fats, cholesterol and increases that of vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
- Choose the right fats: Change low-fat dairy choices and choose healthy heart options such as unsaturated fats (canola, olive, and peanut oil).
- Reduce calories: By reducing 100 calories in your daily food intake, you can lose up to 4.5 kilos in a year. For example, replace one cup of cream with one of vegetable soup or consommé; In addition, omit the consumption of cheese in hamburgers, sandwiches or salads.
- Increase fiber: The average consumption of food of this type is 20 to 38 grams per day for men and women. A food is considered to be rich in fiber when it has five or more grams of it per serving. In a healthy diet, you can eat five fruits or vegetables a day.